I saw Giada make something similar to this, I just adapted it to our liking. It's a great way to get in a few extra vegetables. The measurements are estimates so feel free to use your judgment. I had fresh herbs on hand also, but if you don't you can substitute dried instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, whole
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 -3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a large bowl combine the eggplant, cherry tomatoes, garlic, 2 Tb olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, fresh thyme and rosemary.
- 3Spread the vegetables out in an even layer on the baking sheet. Roast in the oven until the vegetables are tender and the eggplant is golden, about 30 minutes.
- 4While the vegetables are roasting, place the pine nuts in a small baking dish. Place in the oven on the rack below the vegetables. Roast until golden, about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and reserve.
- 5Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta into a large bowl and reserve about 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- 6Transfer about half the roasted vegetables to a food processor. Add extra-virgin olive oil (about 2 Tb) and puree(I like to have a little texture in my pasta so I didn't puree all of the vegetables).
- 7Transfer the pureed vegetables (and vegetables that you did not puree) to the bowl with the pasta and add the Parmesan and Ricotta. Stir to combine, adding the pasta cooking liquid 1/2 cup at a time until the pasta is saucy. Sprinkle the pine nuts and parsley over the top and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Puree Rigatoni
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.6
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.1 mg
- Sodium 717.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: