1 hr 5 mins
Baked Therapy's Note:
Roasting eggplant pieces and cherry tomatoes gives them an amazing texture and flavour. When tossed with pasta, more veggies, and a good bleu cheese, you get an amazing combination of tastes and textures. Perfect for a cold night when you want something tasty but not too heavy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (or to taste)
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 150 -180 g whole wheat penne (depending on how hungry you are!) or 150 -180 g rotini pasta (depending on how hungry you are!)
- 400 g eggplants
- 300 g cherry tomatoes (red and yellow if you can find them)
- 100 g white onions, halved and sliced thinly into half moons
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts (about 3 hearts or serving)
- 60 g blue cheese, such as English Stilton (crumbled)
- red pepper flakes or balsamic vinegar, to taste
- 1heat oven to 400º.
- 2On an oiled cookie sheet try with sides, lay out the sliced eggplant, do not overlap the pieces.
- 3salt and pepper the pieces on one side, then turn over and salt and pepper the other side.
- 4put the tomatoes on the tray as well, salt and pepper them too.
- 5Drizzle more oil lightly over the veggies.
- 6Put in oven for approximately 40 minutes.
- 7turn the eggplant over and stir tomatoes halfway through.
- 8You will know they are done when the tomatoes have all collapsed and the edges are a bit charred on the eggplant and tomatoes.
- 9Remove from oven and set to side.
- 1010 minutes before removing vegetables from oven, boil water to cook your pasta.
- 11Heat a pan and saute onion and garlic until the onion gets soft and start browning (about 7 minutes).
- 12add the artichoke heart and cook until heated through and onions are slightly browned (about 3 more minutes).
- 13Drain the pasta, reserving about 1 cup of pasta water.
- 14Cut the eggplant into strips.
- 15Add the pasta, eggplant, and tomatoes to the pan with the onions. toss together, adding some pasta water if it is very dry.
- 16remove from heat and add arugula and cheese, toss together (you can also add red pepper flakes and some balsamic vinegar now if you want).
- 18If wanted, add protein of choice: Chicken, sausage, soy mince, or cannellini beans.
- 19Also, feelf ree to play with the vegetables. This would be tasty with some sauteed mushrooms, roasted red peppers, or roasted asparagus as well.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Pasta With Stilton
Serving Size: 1 (838 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.4
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.3 mg
- Sodium 499.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.1 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 25.0 g