1/2 Photos of Roasted Eggplant and Sausage With Linguine
I found this recipe in a magazine and made some very slight changes. I used a gluten free linguine but think it would be just as good served with spaghetti squash. It is a delicious gluten free meal whether served with gluten free pasta or the cooked spaghetti squash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 lbs eggplants, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 8 ounces linguine (Either gluten free or whole wheat.)
- 1/2 onion chopped onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Italian sausages, casing removed, meat crumbled (Italian turkey sausage is a nice healthy option.)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can san marzano tomatoes
- 1/4 cup golden raisin
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Lightly drizzle the cut eggplant with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper. Place on a roasting pan and put in 400 degree oven. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until eggplant is tender and begins to brown.
- 2Warm a small amount of olive oil in a large skillet. Saute onions over medium low heat until they begin to brown slightly, stir in sausage and garlic. Cook until sausage is cooked through. Add in the tomatoes, crushing slightly with a potato masher. Season with oregano, pepper flakes, salt and ground black pepper to taste. Allow the sauce to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes to thicken.
- 3Put on a pot of water to boil. Add in linguine and cook according to package directions. Reserve a cup of the pasta water, drain pasta and set aside.
- 4To the meat mixture, add in the raisins, capers and wine vinegar. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in eggplant and parsley. Turn off heat and add in drained pasta. While tossing with tongs add in enough of the reserved pasta water to help sauce coat the cooked pasta.
- 5Divide the mixture into fourths and crumble feta over all. Sprinkle with additional parsley if desired and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Eggplant and Sausage With Linguine
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.1
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 860.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 19.1 g