What? Did I really mess with such a traditional recipe as baba ganouj? oh yeah I did! Turned out really tasty too! I
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 Degrees Farenheit, remove one clove of garlic from the head and place the rest of the head on a cookie sheet with the eggplant.
- 2Roast eggplant and garlic until both are soft, garlic will take about 15 minutes eggplant about 25 (estimate).
- 3Meanwhile, char the outside of the poblano peppers either over gas flame of your stove, on the grill, or under the broiler.
- 4Place charred peppers in a bowl covered with plastic wrap and allow to rest.
- 5Remove the roasted garlic from the skins and set aside.
- 6when cool enough to handle, remove skin and seeds from the roasted poblanos (please don't rinse them under water, if there's a few seeds or pieces of skin, it's FINE).
- 7remove eggplant from oven and split open. I find the easiest way to get the flesh out is to break it in half turn the cut side onto the cookie sheet and peel back the skin.
- 8Put the flesh into a colander or sieve to allow some of the moisture to drain.
- 9Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend to smooth. check taste and adjust salt/pepper/lime juice to your liking.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Eggplant and Poblano Dip
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.8
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 4.6 g