Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
From Cooking light. All I have to say: Eggplant! Lentils! Yum!
- 6 cups cubed eggplants
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped leeks
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups no-salt-added tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- preheat oven to 375.
- combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well to coat. Arrange eggplant mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add leek and carrot; saute five minutes or until lightly browned. Add tomato juice, vinegar, honey, salt, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Stir in lentils and eggplant mixture. Reduce heat; simmer 35 minutes or until thick.
- Spoon 2 cups mixture into 4 individual gratin dishes coated with cooking spray. Combine breadcrumbs and cheese and sprinkle over each serving. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until browned.