1/1 Photo of Roasted Duckling in Raspberry Sauce
1 hr 15 mins
Bert's Kitchen Witch's Note:
This is a BH&G recipe. Duck is a favorite of my dad's, and the raspberry sauce compliments duck well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 duckling
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup walnuts (toasted & coarsely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage (snipped)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Sprinkle the raspberries with 1 tsp sugar.
- 3Rinse the duck well, inside and out.
- 4Pat dry with paper towels.
- 5Tie legs together with kitchen string.
- 6Season the duckling with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- 7Place the duck, breast side up, with the wing tips under the back, on the rack of a shallow roasting pan.
- 8Prick the skin all over, generously, with a fork.
- 9Roast the duck for 1&1/2 to 2 hours, until the legs move easily in their sockets (180°F internally).
- 10Cover, and let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
- 11Meanwhile, for the sauce, combine orange juice, broth, and brandy in a saucepan.
- 12Bring to a boil.
- 13Cook uncovered over med-high heat for 8-9 minutes.
- 14Stir in 1/4 cup of the fresh raspberries, the raspberry preserves, ginger,allspice, and a dash of salt.
- 15Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 16Remove the saucepan from the heat, and stir in the butter, until it is melted.
- 17Stir in the remaining raspberries, the walnuts, and the sage. Heat for 2 minutes.
- 18Carve the duckling, and serve with the raspberry sauce.
Browse Our Top Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Duckling in Raspberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.6
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 77.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: