Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Also known as Bohemian squash or sweet potato squash, delicata has a rich yellow flesh and a buttery, sweet-corn like taste. The skin is edible and delicious as well. Low in calories and high in fiber, delicata is a good source of vitamin A. There are so many ways you could flavor this squash. Below are a few of my simple favorites.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash the squash thoroughly. Cut the hard ends off each squash, and cut them in half.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and strings. Cut each half into 3 or 4 wedges.
- Place the squash wedges skin down on a cookie sheet. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle on your seasonings.
- Roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
DELICIOUS! Super easy, great week night healthy side dish. I did peel the skin as the reviews suggested, sprayed with butter flavored Pam, and sprinkled both sides of the squash (since I peeled it) with the brown sugar spice (I made both sweet and savory, both were awesome)mixture. I can't wait to make this again!!
Great recipe. I made the spicy version and the flavor and texture was very much like french fries. I was worried the skin would be too tough, so I scored the skin cross-wise and drizzled olive oil in the bottom of the sheet to soften it up a bit. Worked out well.
Made for thanksgiving. Did with brown sugar, cayenne and salt. Was heavy handed with the cayanne and had to warn the guests. Really nice.