Cook1 hr 10 mins
A complete meal from Pillsbury cookbook that roasts on a jelly roll pan. It has sweet potatoes/carrots/ onion and dried thyme, so it is a nice combination of flavors.
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 8 pieces each
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 1⁄2 lbs roasting chickens, cut up
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Use a large bowl, mix broth, oil, salt, thyme, pepper, vegetables, and garlic; toss to coat.
- Remove vegetables with slotted spoon and put onto 15X10X1 inch pan which is not greased, spreading on half of the pan.
- Add chicken pieces to remaining broth mixture in the large bowl, turning chicken over to coat all sides.
- Place chicken pieces, skin side down, onto other half of pan; placing the legs and thighs along edges of pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Stir vegetables and turn chicken pieces.
- Bake another 30-40 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and juice of chicken is clear when thickest piece is cut to bone (170 degrees for breast, 180 degrees for thighs and legs).