1/5 Photos of Roasted Cut up Chicken and Vegetables
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
A complete meal from Pillsbury cookbook that roasts on a jelly roll pan. It has sweet potatoes/carrots/ onion and dried thyme, so it is a nice combination of flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 8 pieces each
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 lbs roasting chickens, cut up
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Use a large bowl, mix broth, oil, salt, thyme, pepper, vegetables, and garlic; toss to coat.
- 3Remove vegetables with slotted spoon and put onto 15X10X1 inch pan which is not greased, spreading on half of the pan.
- 4Add chicken pieces to remaining broth mixture in the large bowl, turning chicken over to coat all sides.
- 5Place chicken pieces, skin side down, onto other half of pan; placing the legs and thighs along edges of pan.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes.
- 7Stir vegetables and turn chicken pieces.
- 8Bake another 30-40 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and juice of chicken is clear when thickest piece is cut to bone (170 degrees for breast, 180 degrees for thighs and legs).
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Cut up Chicken and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 713.4
- Calories from Fat 428
- Total Fat 47.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 187.1 mg
- Sodium 878.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 46.4 g