Recipe by mlhuston
We love these cashews. They are so good. I usually have to make 5-6 batches every year for Christmas, but have not been able to for a couple years, as I had lost the recipe. While moving this fall, I found my recipe, so I am posing this here so that I won't miss place it again. They are a nice change from just plain salted cashews.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 (9 3/4 ounce) cans cashews
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk egg and water together.
- Add cashews and toss to coat.
- Drain in a colander or mesh strainer for 2 minute.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and add cashews.
- Toss to coat. (I sometimes will put these in a shaker and shake over the cashews as I stir them in the bowl.).
- Place on a 15x10x1 pan. Bake @ 250'F for 50-55 minute Stirring only once.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.