Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Saveur magazine, Nov 2008.
- 1 orange, peeled and juiced
- 1 lb cranberries, fresh or thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 green cardamom pods, cracked
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons port wine
- Preheat oven to 450°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Julienne orange peel into very thin strips, about 1½" long. Add cranberries, sugar, olive oil, salt, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and jalapeno. Spread on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven until cranberries burst and release juices, about 15 minute.
- Move cranberries to a bowl, removing and discarding cardamom, cloves and cinnamon sticks. Add 1 tbsp of juice from orange, and 1½ tbsp port. Stir well and allow to sit for at least 1 hour for flavors to combine.