1/2 Photos of Roasted Cornish Game Hens Recipe Courtesy the Neelys
1 hr 20 mins
Luvs 2 Cook's Note:
Show: Down Home with the Neelys Episode: We Really Do Have Friends (Pat and Gina Entertaining Friends) Since we are garlic lovers I added a tablespoon of garlic powder to the rub and 3 chopped garlic cloves to the stuffing. TIPS: Line the baking sheet pan with foil under the wire rack for an easy clean-up. The veggies and herbs stuffed in the cavities of the hens will impart flavor to the meat as it cooks. Be sure not to crowd the hens on the baking sheets or else the skin won't crisp up properly and they will take much longer to cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a small mixing bowl, stir together salt, lemon pepper, dried basil and poultry seasoning.
- 3Rub olive oil all over the hens and season each with the salt mixture.
- 4Place the hens on a baking sheet pan with plenty of space between them. You may need to use 2 pans.
- 5Loosely stuff the cavities of each hen with some green bell pepper, celery and onion.
- 6Roast the hens in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165 degrees F and the juices run clear.
- 7Remove the hens from the oven, loosely tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes before carving or serving.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Cornish Game Hens Recipe Courtesy the Neelys
Serving Size: 1 (743 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 846.4
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 619.7 mg
- Sodium 1638.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 137.0 g