1/2 Photos of Roasted Cornish Game Hens
1 hr 15 mins
This is an easy weeknight dinner that will feed 4. I just love what rosemary, thyme, and Dijon do to these delectable little birds. It's great served over baked sweet potatoes or fingerlings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Rinse and dry the hens.
- 3In the bowl of a mini food processor, add the mustard, wine, rosemary, thyme, oil, salt and pepper.
- 4Pulse until all is a smooth paste. It will be more of a liquid form than a paste.
- 5Place the hens in a little roasting pan and shmear the mixture all over the birds, under the skin, around the breasts, and into the cavity.
- 6Roast, breast side down for 25 minutes then flip and roast for another 25-35 minutes, or until done.
- 7Remove from the oven and let rest at least 10 minutes.
- 8Cut each hen in half, down the breastbone, and serve with some sauce on top.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Cornish Game Hens
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.1
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 108.7 mg
- Sodium 603.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 24.5 g