This is an easy weeknight dinner that will feed 4. I just love what rosemary, thyme, and Dijon do to these delectable little birds. It's great served over baked sweet potatoes or fingerlings.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and dry the hens.
- In the bowl of a mini food processor, add the mustard, wine, rosemary, thyme, oil, salt and pepper.
- Pulse until all is a smooth paste. It will be more of a liquid form than a paste.
- Place the hens in a little roasting pan and shmear the mixture all over the birds, under the skin, around the breasts, and into the cavity.
- Roast, breast side down for 25 minutes then flip and roast for another 25-35 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from the oven and let rest at least 10 minutes.
- Cut each hen in half, down the breastbone, and serve with some sauce on top.