Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An alternative to plain corn. I can't believe it's not butter is also a good alternative for the dairy ingredient.
- 2 ears whole corn, peeled with hairs removed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup salted butter (soft or melted)
- aluminum foil
- Heat the oven to 225 Celsius.
- Mix melted butter with oregano. Nuking the butter for 30 secs in the microwave speeds things up.
- Spread or brush butter/oregano mixture on corn, making sure to cover all.
- Wrap each corn with foil and bake for 30 mins, turning it around after 20 mins for even baking.
Great twist on a classic. I found the amount of oregano to be a lot so I halved that ingredient. The result was sweet, juicy corn with a hint of the Mediterranean or Mexican (depending which oregano type you use) influence. Thank you.
Holy crap I'm glad it's after midnight and the grocery store is closed! I made this for an ultra late supper for DH when he got home from work and I'm wishing I had made it all for me! Usually I boil corn to death and load it with salt and butter. Roasted in the oven it is so nice a juicy I didn't even need to add salt! This is the way I am making my corn on the cob from now on!
Yep! this is a 5 star recipe. Very easy and delicious. I'm so glad I found it. Not much more I can say. It's a keeper. Just the basics. We loved it. Cooked it on the grill. Thanks for posting. :)