Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Perfect for summer time dish
- 3 cups corn kernels, fresh
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Toss corn and oil to coat and spread out on a large baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring once, until some kernels begin to brown, about 20 minute
- Combine basil, shallot, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add the corn; toss to coat.
- Serve warm or cold.
This was great! I'll be eating this often.
This is a great side dish! It is especially good warm. I might try it with less basil next time, but it is very tasty as is! I made it 3 times and noticed a definite difference in the amount of time it took for the kernels to brown. When the kernels were more spread out, some of them turned brown after about 5 minutes; when they were less spread out (but still one layer), they took about 20 (although I did use a different sheet). I will be making this again! Thanks for the recipe! Made for PAC Spring 2008.