Recipe by ellie_
Lately we've been having a lot of corn soup/chowder and thought this one sounded interesting. Recipe source: Coyote Cafe
Top Review by kiwidutch
I tried to like this. The sweetness of the corn should have gone really well with the chipotle but somehow it tasted like an odd combination in the end. The very sweet sweetness fof the corn on one hand was a little bizzare right in with the heat of the chipotle on the other hand. I must say that the roasted and blended sweet corn on it's own did taste good... but for my tastes at least, this needed more than just the chipotle to make the flavours gel well together. Please see my rating system: 3 stars for a recipe where personal taste is everything: that might suit many others but that just didn't do it for me. As always I am pleased to have tried it. Thanks!!!
- 10 ears corn on the cob (not husked)
- 5 cups water
- 4 chipotle chiles, deveined, seeded and cut into juliene strips
- 4 ounces feta cheese (or queso fresco cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Place corn on a cookie sheet.
- Roast corn for 45-60 minutes until the outside of the husks are dry and dark brown (I can't see why you couldn't do this on the grill instead). Let cool and then shuck corn and cut kernels off the ears.
- Puree 3 cups of the corn with 3 cups of water in a blender.
- Cook the pureeed corn in a pan along with the chipotle chiles and remaining 2 cups of water for 10-15 minutes over low heat.
- Stir in the reserved corn and salt.
- Pour into bowls and crumble cheese over each serving.