Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I put this recipe together when our local supermarket had some really wonderful fresh corn on sale for a really wonderful price.
- 4 -8 ears fresh corn, roasted in their husks,husked,silk removed,and cut from the cobs
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced (desirable) (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 -3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped (Leave seeds in if you like it hot)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, most of the stems discarded
- 1 -2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of, to taste
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except salt, ground pepper, and olive oil.
- Mix thoroughly, and let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and toss lightly.
- Let set for another 10 minutes, and adjust seasonings again.
- Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Toss gently, and refrigerate for several hours for flavors to meld.
- Serve chilled or at room temperatures as a salsa with tortillas or tortilla chips, as a vegetable, or as a seasoning or side dish with beef, chicken, or pork.
- Its also pretty good with charcoal grilled salmon.