Recipe by Shaye
This is one of my favorite things to take to pitch-ins. It just tastes like summer to me.
- 4 cups corn kernels (fresh is better but defrosted frozen works)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 cups finely diced seeded tomatoes
- 3⁄8 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili pepper, finely chopped (I use jalapeno)
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine corn, chili powder and cumin and spread on a greased jelly roll pan in a single layer.
- (If you pan is too small do two batches.) Bake at 400 F for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally for even browning.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss.
- Serve as a salad or with tortilla chips as a salsa.