1/2 Photos of Roasted Corn Salsa
Claudia Dawn's Note:
This is a "gotta try" recipe. You won't believe the flavors! It takes a little time to grill the corn, but it's well worth the extra effort. This is a perfert summer recipe when there's an abundance of tomatoes and corn is at its sweetest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ears sweet corn, in husks
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- tortilla chips
- 1Peel back husks of corn but do not remove; only remove silk.
- 2Replace husks and tie with kitchen string.
- 3Place corn in a bowl and cover with water; soak for 20 minutes.
- 5Grill corn, covered, over medium-high heat for 20-25 minutes or until husks are blackened and corn is tender, turning several times.
- 7Remove corn from cobs and place in a bowl.
- 8Add tomatoes, onion, cilantro, limejuice, peppers, salt and pepper.
- 9Serve with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Corn Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (543 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.3
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 251.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g