Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a "gotta try" recipe. You won't believe the flavors! It takes a little time to grill the corn, but it's well worth the extra effort. This is a perfert summer recipe when there's an abundance of tomatoes and corn is at its sweetest.
- 2 ears sweet corn, in husks
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- tortilla chips
- Peel back husks of corn but do not remove; only remove silk.
- Replace husks and tie with kitchen string.
- Place corn in a bowl and cover with water; soak for 20 minutes.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium-high heat for 20-25 minutes or until husks are blackened and corn is tender, turning several times.
- Remove corn from cobs and place in a bowl.
- Add tomatoes, onion, cilantro, limejuice, peppers, salt and pepper.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Delicious corn salsa! The only additions I made was to add about 1/4 tsp. cumin and some minced garlic. Also, added additional lime juice, but these are just my preferences. Otherwise, made as directed. I made this appetizer to go with my New Year's Eve goodies. Made for the Let's P A R T Y tag, December, 2011.
Very fresh and vibrant salsa. Perfect for dipping! We are going to try it with some carne asada this evening and I am sure it will be fantastic!
Very good! We had this in addition to Chipotle Roast for Tacos & Sandwiches. It would be a nice side for almost anything grilled though! It had a very "fresh" summery taste! Thanks for posting!