1/1 Photo of Roasted Corn Salsa
karmakitchen gal's Note:
A fabulous and trend setting salsa just right for tortilla chips or served as a complement to grilled, roasted, or sautéed meats or poultry. Category: Appetizers, Dips & Salsa Think Variety; Think Color: uCps of Fruits and Vegetables per Serving: 1 ½
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large ears of corn (yellow sweet corn to yield 2 1/2 cups cut corn)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1 1/2 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1Inspect corn on the cob and remove a few outer leaves and as much silk as possible without completely removing husk. Wash and place on baking sheet, partially covered with aluminum foil, and bake on the middle rack in a preheated 375º F oven for 45 to 55 minutes.
- 2Once corn is roasted, remove baking sheet and allow corn to cool. Peel ears, removing all silk. If desired, place ears over an open flame (grill or gas stove), turn often, until somewhat colored. Cool completely and cut kernels from ear. Corn should measure at least 2 ½ cups.
- 3Combine corn with chopped onion, tomato, jalapeño pepper, and cilantro. Add olive oil and mix well. Add lime juice and cumin to taste; then stir in salt and ground pepper. Cover and chill, allowing flavor to blend for about 15 minutes, or more. This recipe may be made in advance but is best served the same day.
- 4Each serving provides: An excellent source of vitamin C and fiber, and a good source of vitamin A.
- 5Credit: Recipe was developed for Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) by Chef Carmen I. Jones, CCP. This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.
- 6Nutritional Information per Serving.
- 7Calories: 204.
- 8Carbohydrates: 31g.
- 9Total Fat: 6.6g.
- 10Cholesterol: 0mg.
- 11Saturated Fat: 1.5g.
- 12Dietary Fiber: 8g.
- 13% of Calories from Fat: 29%.
- 14Sodium: 88mg.
- 15Protein: 6g.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Corn Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.6
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 99.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g