Prep 16 mins
Cook 14 mins
This is super delicious and great to serve at a Barbeque.
Make and share this Roasted Corn Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 ears corn on the cob (in the husk)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder (can use plain)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Place corn (in husk) in a large container; add cold water to cover. Let stand for 30 minutes. Meanwhile heat grill to medium-high direct heat.
- Remove corn from water; do not remove husks. Place corn on grill. Grill covered 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from grill. Do not turn grill off. Cool corn slightly. Remove husk and silk.
- Blend butter, 1 tbsp olive oil, cumin, chili powder, and salt in a small bowl. Place corn on grill; brush with butter mixture. Grill 4 to 7 minutes longer, or until lightly charred, turning and basting once. Remove from grill.
- Cut corn from the cob. Combine corn, olives, onion, cilantro, tomato, remaining 3 tbsp olive oil, and vinegar in a medium bowl; mix well.
I had leftover grilled corn on the cob and this was the perfect way to use it up. Because it was already cooked, I omitted the butter and mixed the spices into the salad. It's a nice combination of flavors and colors. You must use fresh cilantro. I think cooked shrimp would be great tossed into this salad. Thanx for posting!