I just made this recipe up for a party I was cooking for. We needed a pasta salad to go with the mexican theme. I think it turned out awesome!!! Makes a lot, you may want to halve it.
- 6 ears corn (roasted on grill and cut off the ears)
- 1 green pepper, diced small
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 of lg purple onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 2 cups cilantro
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (use the good stuff)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- cook pasta to directions and cool under cold running water.
- blend first 6 pesto ingredients in food processor.
- drizzle in olive oil as it blends.
- combine vegetables, orzo and vinegar.
- stir pesto into pasta and vegetables.
- chill in fridge.