Delicious, simple recipe that will have you wondering why you weren't making it already,
Make and share this Roasted Corn Fish Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb cod
- 2 ears corn
- 1 yellow sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon minced or chopped garlic
- 1 small red bell pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- your favorite tortilla, taco shells, salsas, and toppings
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut corn off the cob, mince (1/4 inch x 1/4 inch pieces) the onion, garlic,and red pepper (if using).
- Combine above into shallow oven-safe dish.
- Season vegetable mixture with chili powder, oregano, cayenne pepper and 1 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil. Place in Oven for 1 hour, mixing a couple of times as needed.
- Prepare fish on greased oven pan. Season with salt, pepper, parsley, and smoke flavor (use a few drops all over the fish, probably about 1/2 teaspoon total). When the vegetables are about 35-40 minutes into their cooking, slide the fish into the oven also, and take both out at the one hour mark.
- Break fish into bite size pieces with a fork, and combine in a bowl with vegetable mixture. Dress mixture with Lime Juice.
- Make tacos!
We really enjoyed these. I especially loved the roasted veggies. It provided a wonderful flavor addition to the fish tacos. We served ours on flour tortillas. Thanks for posting this unique fish taco recipe! ~Made for the Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef~
A very different and tasty approach to the plain old taco!!!I loved the texture of the fish mixed in with everything else. I did add a bit more cayenne pepper, just because I let them HOT..Super recipe will use all summer long!!!
Loved this! Served it burrito style in the small flour tortillas, and the seasonings were perfect for the corn and the fish. Made for PAC Spring 2010.