1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Hey Jude's Note:
I found this delicious recipe in the Chicago Tribune. I served it with rolls and a green salad and it was very satisfying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 red chilies, seeds removed, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 ears corn, roasted, kernels removed, cobs and kernels reserved
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 corn tortillas, toasted, torn into 1 inch pieces
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- diced avocado (optional)
- diced tomato (optional)
- diced onion (optional)
- fried corn tortilla strips (optional)
- grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat; add onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 2Add garlic; cook 1 minute, add paprika, cumin, chilies and pepper, cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
- 3Add corn cobs, chicken, tortilla pieces, tomatoes and broth; heat to boil, lower heat and simmer 1 hour.
- 4Remove the chicken to a platter; cool briefly.
- 5Pull the meat from the bones; discard bones and skin, reserve meat.
- 6Strain the soup into a large bowl; pour back into the pot and add lime juice, cilantro and salt.
- 7Portion chicken meat and corn kernels into serving bowls; ladle soup over.
- 8Add optional garnishes at the table.
- 9*roastears of corn in a 400° oven, turning often until they start to brown, about 10 minutes.
- 10*toasttortillas in a dry skillet over medium heat until starting to brown, about 30 seconds on each side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Corn Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (581 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.5
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 121.9 mg
- Sodium 1092.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 36.0 g