I found this Carribean recipe on another recipe website and am posting it here. Will try it soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (from 3 ears)
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and diced (about 1 pound)
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small chipotle chile in adobo, drained and chopped (see Ingredient Note)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Heat oil in a large non stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 3Stir in corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 8 minutes.
- 4Transfer the corn mixture to a large bowl.
- 5Stir in mango, beans, onion, bell pepper, lime juice, chipotle pepper, cilantro, cumin, and salt.
- 6Serve at room temperature.
- 7TIP: Ingredient Note: Chipotle peppers are smoked jalapenos with a fiery taste that are canned in adobo sauce. Look for them in the Hispanic section of large supermarkets and in specialty stores.
- 8MAKE AHEAD TIP: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Corn, Black Bean, and Mango Salad
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.9
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 76.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo