Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A southwestern style dip, you can chop the jalapenos (seeds and all) for maximum pepper heat. From Southern Living's Ultimate Book of Appetizers. NOTE: Prep & cooking time DO NOT include 8-hour chill time.
- 236.59 ml frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 177.44 ml seeded diced tomato
- 44.37 ml fresh lime juice
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh cilantro or 14.79 ml dried cilantro
- 29.58 ml minced onions
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced or 2 (340.19 g) can jalapeno peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 2.46 ml kosher sea salt
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- Combine corn and oil in a shallow pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until corn is lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Combine corn, mashed avocado, chopped avocado, and remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This is great - a really nice blend of flavors. I love how it goes beyond the lovely flavor of guacamole to having little bites of heat from the onion (I used red) and jalapeno, and the spots of sweetness from the corn and tomato. In addition to using it as a dip, I also used some as topping on some spicy black bean burgers with some pepperjack cheese - amazing both ways! This is a definite keeper. Thanks for sharing!