1/1 Photo of Roasted Corn & Avocado Dip
A southwestern style dip, you can chop the jalapenos (seeds and all) for maximum pepper heat. From Southern Living's Ultimate Book of Appetizers. NOTE: Prep & cooking time DO NOT include 8-hour chill time.
My Private Note
1/4 cup ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup seeded diced tomato
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced or 2 (6 ounce) cans jalapeno peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1Combine corn and oil in a shallow pan.
- 2Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until corn is lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- 3Combine corn, mashed avocado, chopped avocado, and remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- 4Cover and chill at least 8 hours before serving.
- 5Serve with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Corn & Avocado Dip
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 11
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.0
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 147.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g