Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made a similar recipe from a Cooking Light magazine several years ago. Over time it has evolved into my own. It is really nice for a summertime barbecue or just an anytime side dish.
- 2 cups corn kernels, cleaned (about 4 ears)
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped & seeded
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, roasted, seeded, & chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons thyme, fresh leaves
- Soak cleaned corn in a bowl of water for approximately 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill and place corn straight on the cooking surface. Cook until beautiful black & caramelized grill marks appear, turning frequently. DO NOT BOIL OR MICROWAVE CORN (sorry, but this is a big obnoxious NO-NO with me) or you will lose all of the sweet natural flavor.
- Once corn has cooled enough to handle, cut off all of kernels. Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix together. Serve at room temperature or cold.
Tastes like summer! Be sure to add enough salt to boost all the flavors. Perfect with grilled chicken. Thanks for posting.