Recipe by Melanie B.
I made a similar recipe from a Cooking Light magazine several years ago. Over time it has evolved into my own. It is really nice for a summertime barbecue or just an anytime side dish.
- 2 cups corn kernels, cleaned (about 4 ears)
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped & seeded
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, roasted, seeded, & chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons thyme, fresh leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak cleaned corn in a bowl of water for approximately 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill and place corn straight on the cooking surface. Cook until beautiful black & caramelized grill marks appear, turning frequently. DO NOT BOIL OR MICROWAVE CORN (sorry, but this is a big obnoxious NO-NO with me) or you will lose all of the sweet natural flavor.
- Once corn has cooled enough to handle, cut off all of kernels. Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix together. Serve at room temperature or cold.