1/1 Photo of Roasted Corn and Red Pepper Chowder (Crock Pot, Slow Cooker)
7 hrs 20 mins
From Rival Versaware Crock Pot Owner's Manual and Cookbook, c. 2006.
My Private Note
pot of ...
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (may sub frozen, thawed corn, if desired)
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1Heat olive oil in saute pan over medium heat. Add the corn, red pepper, and onions. Saute the vegetables until they are tender and lightly browned, about 7-8 minutes.
- 2Transfer sauted vegetables to slow cooker. Add the green onions, broth, potatoes, salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on Low for 7-9 hours or on High for 4-5 hours.
- 3Thirty minutes prior to serving, add the milk and blend well. Garnish with parsley to serve.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Corn and Red Pepper Chowder (Crock Pot, Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.7
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 1459.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 15.3 g