From Rival Versaware Crock Pot Owner's Manual and Cookbook, c. 2006.
Make and share this Roasted Corn and Red Pepper Chowder (Crock Pot, Slow Cooker) recipe from Food.com.
- olive oil
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (may sub frozen, thawed corn, if desired)
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, minced
- Heat olive oil in saute pan over medium heat. Add the corn, red pepper, and onions. Saute the vegetables until they are tender and lightly browned, about 7-8 minutes.
- Transfer sauted vegetables to slow cooker. Add the green onions, broth, potatoes, salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on Low for 7-9 hours or on High for 4-5 hours.
- Thirty minutes prior to serving, add the milk and blend well. Garnish with parsley to serve.