Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Sweet corn and poblanos spiked with a creamy chipotle dressing. From Southern Lady Magazine.
Make and share this Roasted Corn and Poblano Salad With Creamy Chipotle Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 8 ears)
- 2 poblano peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- chopped green onion (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 500°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place corn and peppers on prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes, or until corn and peppers appear blistered; stir corn halfway through cooking time. Place peppers in a resealable plastic bag; seal, and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Remove skins from peppers, and chop. Cool corn and peppers completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine corn, peppers and green onion.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, chipotle pepper, salt and chili powder.
- Combine sour cream mixture with corn mixture. Garnish with green onion. Cover, and chill.
While I did not try the roasted corn & peppers, I did make the creamy chipotle dressing - it was wonderful - later this summer when fresh corn is available, I'll definitely roast the corn & peppers and try it with this dressing! Thanks for posting this!