Recipe by MrsKnox2016
Fall means SOUP! I can't wait to try this one...sounds creamy and hearty. I think I'll serve this with a huge loaf of crusty french bread and a warm blanket with my sweetie. Let me know what you think...courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens.
- 453.59 g frozen whole kernel corn
- 14.79 ml cooking oil
- 473.18 ml onions, chopped
- 354.88 ml red peppers, chopped
- 4 (1644.27 g) can chicken broth
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 0.59 ml ground red pepper
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 158.51 ml crabmeat, cooked and deboned
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw frozen corn and pat dry with paper towel. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease the foil.
- Spread corn evenly on pan, then roast at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway.
- In a large dutch oven, cook onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Add the corn, 3 cans of broth, thyme and ground red pepper. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a jar with a lid, combine remaining chicken broth and the flour. Cover and shake well. Add to soup and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Stir cream into soup and heat through. Stir in crabmeat, then serve.