Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was found in the 1997 cookbook, Vegetarian Planet. Preparation time does not include the 1 hour needed for the flavors of the salsa to develop.
Top Review by nemokitty
Delicious!! I followed the recipe exactly. I didn't realize how wonderful roasted corn and garlic slices can be. I could just eat that by itself. We also ate this with whole grain Tostitos for our Sunday lunch. Made for Zaar 1-2-3 Hits Tag Game 2011.
- 473.18 ml corn (fresh is preferred)
- 15 large garlic cloves, peeled, sliced thin
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml water
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 medium tomatoes, round, ripe, seeded, chopped fine
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 59.14 ml cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a roasting pan, combine corn kernels & sliced garlic & mix well.
- Drizzle olive oil over the corn, then add the water, salt & pepper, mixing well.
- Roast corn & garlic, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, corn/garlic mixture, lime juice, jalapeno & cilantro.
- Stir well, then let the salsa stand for 1 hour at room temperature to develop the flavors.
- Serve salsa immediately or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days ~ It is, however, best the day it's made!