1/1 Photo of Roasted Corn and Garlic Salsa (Southwest)
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was found in the 1997 cookbook, Vegetarian Planet. Preparation time does not include the 1 hour needed for the flavors of the salsa to develop.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a roasting pan, combine corn kernels & sliced garlic & mix well.
- 3Drizzle olive oil over the corn, then add the water, salt & pepper, mixing well.
- 4Roast corn & garlic, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- 5In a bowl, combine tomatoes, corn/garlic mixture, lime juice, jalapeno & cilantro.
- 6Stir well, then let the salsa stand for 1 hour at room temperature to develop the flavors.
- 7Serve salsa immediately or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days ~ It is, however, best the day it's made!
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Corn and Garlic Salsa (Southwest)
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.7
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 99.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g