Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Self.com. 6/17/2009: I finally got around to making this and we LOVED it! We don't have a grill, so I used Oven-Roasted Corn on the Cob by Chef #219942. It turned out great and was a wonderful compliment to the salmon I made for dinner. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 2 ears fresh corn, unhusked
- 1⁄2 cup edamame, shelled
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger, finely chopped (or grated)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Soak fresh corn in cold water about 30 minutes.
- Heat grill on high.
- Grill corn in husk, 10 to 15 minutes, turning once.
- Let cool.
- Remove husks.
- Cut corn from cob into a bowl; combine with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Great substitute for Lima beans in any Succotash. delicious and healthy too!
This was great! I doubled everything but the corn and mayo, and it was perfect. My hubby even ate it, after initially turning his nose up to it, when some of the dressing ran into his rice and he tasted how good it was!