Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
This recipe is healthy, simple, and delicious. It goes great with fish, chicken, or meat. I got this recipe from a magazine called inland empire and It has been a favorite ever since.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (may use frozen)
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions (green onion, shallots, and regular onion work fine.)
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground dried chile
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup choped cilantro
- In a large skillet coated with olive oil, cook the corn kernels on medium high until slightly charred, about 8 to 9 minutes.
- Transfer corn to large bowl and stir in remaining ingredients.
We found this to be tasty, easy and attractive, but the lime was a little overpowering. Would use less lime next time.
Made this for Labor Day Picnic. I used fresh corn and roasted it in pan rather than on grill. Worked like a charm. I doubled the recipe. My daughter and I ate at least a 1/2 cup each right after I made it. Lucky thing. During the picnic, I went to get some and the bowl was empty. Everyone loved it.
I made this yesterday, I love this!! Best if you let it sit overnight, my favorite salad so far this Summer, thank you!