1 hr 10 mins
This recipe came from Wild Oats. It was great! I struggle with quesadillas, so I made them more like taco's, melting the cheese onto the taco shell first.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g bag supersweet frozen corn, thawed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 purple onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced into rings
- 453.59 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lime, juice of
- 4.92 ml salt
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 6 tortillas
- 226.79 g monterey jack cheese, grated
- 453.59 g salsa (can use less (or more)
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, toss together corn, red pepper, garlic, onion, and jalapeno pepper with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- 3Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet, roast for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- 4Remove when corn is carmelized.
- 5Add beans to the same large bowl. Add lime juice, salt, and corn mixture, stir.
- 6In a large saute pan, heat a teaspoon of olive oil. Place one tortilla onto the pan.
- 7Add 1 cup of the corn and bean mixture and spoon evenly on the tortilla.
- 8Add 2 oz of cheese.
- 9Place the second tortilla on top, cover and cook for about 1 minute.
- 10Flip the quesadilla carefully, cook for about 1 minute, or until golden brown.
- 11Remove from pan, cut into 6 wedges and serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and fresh cilantro. Repeat two more times for a total of 18 wedges.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Corn and Black Bean Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.6
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 1549.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 24.5 g