Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great do-ahead dip -- serve with your favorite tortilla chips. Feel free to use frozen corn instead of fresh -- just make sure to thaw and pat dry. The recipe comes from the Pepper Lovers Club of Virginia Beach.
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup seeded diced tomato
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 small canned jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- Combine corn and oil in a shallow pan.
- Bake at 475º for 15 minutes or until corn is lightly browned, stirring occasionally; cool.
- Combine corn, chopped avocado and remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours before serving.