1/6 Photos of Roasted Coriander Carrots
The humble carrot served in an exciting way. This is an excellent side dish to roasts and steaks. I didn't have fresh parsley on hand, so I omitted it and it still turned out great. I will try the recipe with the addition of the parsley next time, though. Recipe source is my favourite Swiss cooking magazine called 'KOCHEN' (December 04). I included this recipe into my African cook book for the Zaar World Tour, as all ingredients appear in Middle East dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the carrots and cut them into 4-5cm / 1.5-2 inches pieces. Put the pieces into a bowl.
- 2Roast coriander seeds and black pepper in a skillet WITHOUT using any oil or butter. Coarsely ground the roasted spices and sprinkle over carrots. Salt the carrots and mix well.
- 3Pour olive oil into a small container. Peel and mince the garlic and mix it with the olive oil. Mix oil-garlic mixture with the carrots and pour the carrots into an ovenproof dish.
- 4Cook in the middle of a preheated oven (220°C/430F) for ca 40 minutes or until soft and brown around the edges.
- 5Mix in the chopped parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Coriander Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.5
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 160.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g