Recipe by blucoat
This simple recipe makes a supisingly light and tasty dinner. It is from Gourmet Magazine (Feb. 2008). The miso soup and mushrooms give the code a meaty flavour.
Top Review by IngridH
This is a wonderful dish! The mild flavor of the fish is perfectly complimented by the meaty shitakes and the salty miso. The roasting brings out the richness of the flavors. I loved this for lunch, but it is elegant enough to serve at a dinner party. My fish took a little longer than 10 minutes to cook, but it was fairly thick- check for doneness before serving. Thanks for posting!
- 4 (680.38 g) pacific cod fish fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 36.97 ml vegetable oil, divided
- 113.39 g sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 (28.34 g) single-serve packages red dehydrated instant miso soup mix
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in middle.
- Pat fish dry in a small shallow baking pan and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon oil, then sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Toss mushrooms with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, then spread in another small shallow baking pan.
- Roast fish and mushrooms, stirring mushrooms once or twice, until fish is just cooked through and mushrooms are crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare soup according to package instructions.
- Divide soup, mushrooms, and fish among 4 bowls and top with scallion.