This simple recipe makes a supisingly light and tasty dinner. It is from Gourmet Magazine (Feb. 2008). The miso soup and mushrooms give the code a meaty flavour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in middle.
- Pat fish dry in a small shallow baking pan and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon oil, then sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Toss mushrooms with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, then spread in another small shallow baking pan.
- Roast fish and mushrooms, stirring mushrooms once or twice, until fish is just cooked through and mushrooms are crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare soup according to package instructions.
- Divide soup, mushrooms, and fish among 4 bowls and top with scallion.