Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
Another great and up-beat dish from Cosmopolitan. Great for midweek entertaining, but this attractive dish is also tasty enough to grace the table of any dinner party. Serve with potato or green salad or both.
Top Review by MommyKat
A happy dance across my tongue...all my favorite flavors in one recipe. Tart and tangy, balanced with the smoky proscuitto. Healthy, easy to make, and very pretty to boot. I used half the olive oil, with no loss of flavor. DH gave rave reviews as well (instead of the usual shrug).
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ounces pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 grated lemon, juice and rind of
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) cod fish fillets
- 4 slices prosciutto
- salt and pepper
- basil leaves, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the tomatoes, olives, capers, lemon rind, thyme and oil in a roasting pan and season with salt and pepper. Fit the cod fillets into the pan, spooning some of the tomato mixture over the fish.
- Scatter the ham over the top and roast in a preheated oven, 425 degrees F, for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, drizzle over the lemon juice, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish the cod with basil leaves and serve with new potatoes and a green salad.