...a close fascimile of Trader Joe's Glazed Cinnamon Pecans. Walnuts are a good substitute for the pecans. Cookgirl has been officially banned from all Trader Joe's on the West Coast. I knew it would happen eventually. I am now forced to wear my Groucho Marx glasses to shop at any Trader Joe's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups raw pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons unbleached cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon real butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (NOT imitation) or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 1 pinch ground star anise
- 1Preheat a baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees.
- 2In a bowl combine all the ingredients and toss to coat.
- 3Spread the nuts singly on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the pecans are browned and crispy. Stir nuts occasionally to avoid burning and to roast evenly. *Watch* oven carefully!
- 4Set baking sheet aside to allow nuts to cool completely. Once cooled, transfer to airtight container.
- 5All amounts are estimated.
- 6Great as a snack, in salads, as a snack -- .
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Cinnamon Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1240.7
- Calories from Fat 1101
- Total Fat 122.3 g
- Saturated Fat 32.5 g
- Cholesterol 107.5 mg
- Sodium 584.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ground star anise