1 hr 15 mins
Food & Wine. You want creamy, not salty, feta for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- kosher salt
- coarsely cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 8 small beets, washed and trimmed (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small bits
- 4 ounces feta cheese, thinly sliced (see Note)
- handful of spicy baby greens, such as mizuna, for garnish
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of the raspberry vinegar, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the honey, the shallot, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- 2Whisk in the grapeseed oil until emulsified.
- 3Arrange the beets so they fit snugly in a single layer in a deep baking dish. Add enough water to barely cover the beets, then add the remaining 1/4 cup of vinegar and 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey and the butter.
- 4Season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the beets are tender when pierced with a knife.
- 5Let cool slightly.
- 6Drain and peel the beets and slice them 1/4 inch thick. Add them to the honey dressing and let cool for up to 4 hours.
- 7To serve, arrange half of the beet slices on 8 small plates and cover with the feta. Top with the remaining beet slices and drizzle each serving with about 1 tablespoon of the dressing.
- 8Garnish with the greens and serve.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chioggia Beets With Feta
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.9
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.3 mg
- Sodium 413.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: