Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Food & Wine. You want creamy, not salty, feta for this recipe.
Make and share this Roasted Chioggia Beets With Feta recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- kosher salt
- coarsely cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grapeseed oil
- 8 small beets, washed and trimmed (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small bits
- 4 ounces feta cheese, thinly sliced (see Note)
- handful of spicy baby greens, such as mizuna, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of the raspberry vinegar, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the honey, the shallot, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Whisk in the grapeseed oil until emulsified.
- Arrange the beets so they fit snugly in a single layer in a deep baking dish. Add enough water to barely cover the beets, then add the remaining 1/4 cup of vinegar and 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey and the butter.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the beets are tender when pierced with a knife.
- Let cool slightly.
- Drain and peel the beets and slice them 1/4 inch thick. Add them to the honey dressing and let cool for up to 4 hours.
- To serve, arrange half of the beet slices on 8 small plates and cover with the feta. Top with the remaining beet slices and drizzle each serving with about 1 tablespoon of the dressing.
- Garnish with the greens and serve.