Prep 15 mins
Cook 48 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. A blend of roasted vegetables with the hearty taste of seasoned beef offers a stick-to-your-ribs meal that will immediately comfort you. I not only make this for my family, but for potlucks and football parties, as it is also great to serve right from the baking dish with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium onion
- 236.59 ml grape tomatoes or 236.59 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml honey
- 907.18 g lean ground beef
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 304.75 g can tomato soup
- 462.94 g can refrigerated biscuits
- 236.59 ml finely shredded monterey jack cheese
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees Farenheit. Line a 15-inch X 10-inch X 1-inch baking pan with aluminum foil; set aside.
- Cut peppers, zucchini, and onion into 1-inch pieces. Place vegetables in a large bowl. Add tomatoes and beans. In a small bowl, whisk oil, juice, and honey. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Spread vegetables onto foil-lined pan and roast for 20 - 25 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While vegetables are roasting, place beef in a large skillet and over medium-high heat brown meat, about 5 - 7 minutes; occasionally stirring. Remove from heat and drain liquid. Finely crumble meat and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle meat with chili powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and ginger. Add tomato soup and mix well. Gently stir in roasted vegetables.
- Heat oven to 350-degrees Farenheit. Line a 13-inch X 9-inch X 2-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Spoon beef and vegetable mixture evenly in pan. Tightly cover top with aluminum foil.
- Separate biscuits from can and place ON TOP of foil lid. Bake for 14 - 16 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Remove biscuits and foil lid. Spoon chili into individual serving bowls. Sprinkle tops with cheese and serve immediately with a biscuit on the side.
What an awesome recipe! This has been added to my bucket list. sw%u263A
This sounds absolutey delicious!! I love the roasted vegetables in this and then the biscuits on top!!
This just looks to awesome