Prep 2 mins
Cook 50 mins
These are a wonderful alternative to nuts. Snack on them, or use them to top salads. You can easily double this recipe, store them in zip-top bags or airtight containers. You can also experiment with various spices or seasoning mixes in addition to the garlic powder.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas.
- Lightly coat baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Spread chickpeas on baking sheet and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Bake on bottom rack of oven, shaking pan every 15 minutes. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until browned and crunchy. Cool completely before serving.
Really enjoyed these. Seasoned with paprika and garlic salt, baked at 425 for about 25 minutes. Make sure to give them plenty of room on the pan, they're not as crisp if they're crowded.
Not to my liking. A bit mushy. They would never get done.
Cooked mine 40 minutes, thinking that would be enough b/c they were really small beans, needless to say, they were still very soft and I threw them away. I really wanted to like this recipe b/c it seems to be a very neat snack, but I don't think I would even attempt them again. sorry!