Recipe by loof
This addictive snack is so easy to make! Recipe found at myrecipes.com 9/3/12 edited to add....thanks to the first reviewer for finding my mistake....it should be 4 cans of chickpeas (not 1)....should be corrected now!
Top Review by Elmotoo
Very easy to make! Watch the oven & check every so often as oven temps vary & you don't want them to overcook. I cut the recipe only making 1 can & cooked them for 30 minutes. DH said they were just right; not overcooked. Delicious! Made for ZWT8.
- 4 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Gently roll chickpeas in batches between clean kitchen towels to blot dry and slough off papery skins; discard skins.
- Divide chickpeas between 2 rimmed baking sheets. To each pan, add 3 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoons garam masala, and 1/2 teaspoons salt and mix well to coat. Spread in an even layer.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until chickpeas are crisp all the way through, 75 to 80 minutes. Add more salt to taste if you like.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.