Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This addictive snack is so easy to make! Recipe found at myrecipes.com 9/3/12 edited to add....thanks to the first reviewer for finding my mistake....it should be 4 cans of chickpeas (not 1)....should be corrected now!
- 4 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Gently roll chickpeas in batches between clean kitchen towels to blot dry and slough off papery skins; discard skins.
- Divide chickpeas between 2 rimmed baking sheets. To each pan, add 3 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoons garam masala, and 1/2 teaspoons salt and mix well to coat. Spread in an even layer.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until chickpeas are crisp all the way through, 75 to 80 minutes. Add more salt to taste if you like.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Very easy to make! Watch the oven & check every so often as oven temps vary & you don't want them to overcook. I cut the recipe only making 1 can & cooked them for 30 minutes. DH said they were just right; not overcooked. Delicious! Made for ZWT8.
These are delightful and tasty! These make a great side dish to an Indian dinner or as a make-ahead snack to take to work. I made a half batch and they roasted in the oven about an hour. Thanks, loof! Made for PRMR tag game.
Mmm these were really tasty. They're like wasabi peas, but with garam masala instead of wasabi paste. They'd probably make a great snack food, but I just served them as a small side dish with the chicken jalfrezi I made. The chickpeas tasted great with the sauce. [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]