Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Core/not sure on the points Received from a friend, but also saw on www.weightwatchers.com message board
- pam olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 473.18 ml canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat a rimmed cookie sheet with the Pam.
- Spread chickpeas on baking sheet.
- Mix the seasonings and sprinkle it on the chickpeas, toss to coat.
- Roast on the bottom rack of the oven, shaking pan every 15 minutes or so, until brown and crunchy, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Store in a tight lidded container.
Great recipe! I make a variety of dressings (cayenne pepper, chilli powder and salt/ honey, cumin, cayenne pepper and lemon juice/ caramel/ oil, garlic and rosemary etc...) and use them instead of popcorn, croutons and even find them great crushed and used instead of breadcrumbs for au gratins or crumbed chicken!!
Wow! These are a really amazing snack. I told my 2 year old (who eats only pb sandwiches and goldfish crackers) that it was popcorn and he gobbled it down! DH loved it too - I'm making a huge batch of this to snack on throughout the week. Thank you!
Great snack and healthy too. The only thing I did differently was to mix spices in a sandwich or quart freezer bag and put chickpeas in the bag to coat. The chickpeas are evenly coated and you just throw the bag out when finished. Thanks for the simple but tasty recipe.