Recipe by Chef Dudo
I make this a lot. Great as a snack, you can give it any flavour you like by using different spices. When I am in a hurry I make it from canned chickpeas, otherwise I use dried chickpeas. Cooking time does not include soaking and cooking dried chickpeas.
- 1 lb canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed or 1 1⁄2 cups dried garbanzo beans
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- If using dried chickpeas, soak in plenty of water for 6-24 hours.
- Drain, cook in plenty water for about 1 1/2 hour.
- Drain and proceed as follows.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease baking sheet with the oil.
- Mix salt pepper and chili powder (or whatever spices you want to use) in a big plastic bag.
- Add chickpeas and shake until coated.
- Place chickpeas on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden and crisp.