Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I make this a lot. Great as a snack, you can give it any flavour you like by using different spices. When I am in a hurry I make it from canned chickpeas, otherwise I use dried chickpeas. Cooking time does not include soaking and cooking dried chickpeas.
- If using dried chickpeas, soak in plenty of water for 6-24 hours.
- Drain, cook in plenty water for about 1 1/2 hour.
- Drain and proceed as follows.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease baking sheet with the oil.
- Mix salt pepper and chili powder (or whatever spices you want to use) in a big plastic bag.
- Add chickpeas and shake until coated.
- Place chickpeas on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
I added garlic powder and it was pretty tasty.
I used more chili powder to the chickpeas. I used canned chickpeas. I omitted the salt for personal issues. I baked them 30 minutes. They were crispy. But when they cool, they soften. But it's still tasty and healthy. Thanks Chef Dudo :) Made for PAC Spring 2013
These were just OK for us. We felt they could have used more seasoning. I cooked for 30 minutes and they didn't seem done so I cooked for another 10. I think they should have been cooked even longer. I will try again with other seasonings.