Recipe by Shoppohollic
Another delicious recipe courtesy of Epicurious. I have made this recipe once and it was a pleaser. Little preperation and cooking. The purchased roasted chicken really eliminates the hassle of baking a chicken yourself. You can usually find roasted chicken in the deli of your grocery store. Menu Suggestion: Marshmallow Fruit Salad & Potato Chips.
Top Review by Rebecca B.
I found my family liked a couple of changes to this recipe. They preferred a thin layer of the ricotta cheese mixture.Also 2 of my children preferred this with a thin slice of ham rather then chicken.We also tried this with a slice of mozzerella cheese over the chicken & that went over well. This is a very adaptable recipe.
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- grated lemon peel
- 4 pieces focaccia bread, halved (large piece)
- 2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 purchased cooked chicken breasts, skinned, boned and sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix zucchini and salt in medium bowl. Transfer mixture to colander that is set over a bowl. Let zucchini stand and drain for 15 minutes. Rinse and drain zucchini and squeeze dry.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add zucchini to skillet and saute till tender. Transfer to bowl to slightly cool. Add ricotta, parmesan and lemon peel to zucchini. Stir and season with salt & pepper.
- Preheat broiler. Arrange focaccia slices of baking sheet. Broil bread just until toasted. Spread ricotta mixture generously over toasted bread. Broil ricotta mixture on bread just until ricotta gets brown spots.
- Top ricotta with tomato slices, then with sliced chicken. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Cover with remaining bread slices. Serve.