1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Hey Jude's Note:
It doesn't get any easier or more satisfying than this! I found this in the Chicago Sun-Times, originally printed in Biba's Northern Italian Cooking by Biba Caggiano.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 lb) roasting chickens, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 rosemary sprigs, chopped
- 6 -7 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 lb potato, cut into large pieces
- 2 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into quarters
- 1Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2Put chicken in a large roasting pan.
- 3Coat it with oil and rub it inside and out with rosemary, sage and garlic.
- 4Season with salt and black pepper.
- 5Place one half of lemon inside the chicken caviety and squeeze the other half over chicken.
- 6Roast 30-40 minutes, basting several times with pan juices.
- 7Add potatoes, carrots and peppers.
- 8Bake, basting chicken occasionally, 30-40 minutes longer or until juices from the thigh run clear when thigh is pierced with a fork.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted chicken with vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 998.6
- Calories from Fat 664
- Total Fat 73.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 213.8 mg
- Sodium 234.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 53.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves